The Second Step, Inc.
- Domestic Violence Program
The Second Step is a community of survivors, advocates, and volunteers who foster the safety, stability, and well-being of those who have experienced domestic violence.
We provide comprehensive services, including safety planning, legal advocacy, counseling, peer support, transitional housing, and other essential services to adults, youth, and children in Greater Boston and MetroWest.
Founded in 1992, The Second Step partners with survivors of domestic violence to address the aftermath of abuse and to build brighter futures for themselves and their children.
- Transitional Living Programs
- Community Programs
- "Steps to Justice" Legal Services Program
- Youth and Prevention Programs
Whom to Contact
- Sheila HovasapianBusiness Manager
- Cindy LaughreaCommunity Engagement & Facilities Coordinator
- Deborah MainiDirector of Development
- Nicole NelsonTraining & Volunteer Coordinator
- Matthew SwovelandExecutive Director
- Suzanne WakefieldEvents & Development Manager