We're thrilled to announce that our annual golf tournament is returning Monday Aug. 3 to one of the region's finest courses (although with some modifications).
Each year, the chamber's golf committee selects a different local nonprofit whose mission includes working with children to be the recipient of a portion of the tournament's proceeds. The Newton-Needham Regional Chamber has chosen the John M. Barry Boys and Girls Club of Newton to be the nonprofit beneficiary. This year's selection of the Boys & Girls Club is notable because the club was forced to cancel its 2020 annual tournament, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We're working closely with our partners at Woodland Golf Club to deliver a top-notch golf outing while adhering closely with the state and city reopening regulations.
Here's what you can expect from your day out on the course:
- Noon registration and lunch
- 12:30 shotgun start, rain or shine
- Expect the tournament to wrap up by late afternoon
- We won't be holding our traditional post-event but there will be food and beverages (including beer and wine) available on the course throughout the day.
Social Distancing and Safety Guidelines
- The clubhouse, locker rooms and driving range are currently closed, but the refreshments station and restrooms are available while on the course.
- Each player will be assigned an individual cart and should maintain 6' distance from others throughout the day.
- Masks will be required.
- Your boxed lunch and other tournament materials will be placed on your assigned cart when you arrive on site - we'll have brief announcements before the shotgun.
- We've upgraded our lunch options this year ---- (lobster rolls!) And, we will be offering enhanced complimentary refreshments at the snack shack out on the course (Did we mention beer and wine?!)
- As always, each player will receive a tournament gift along with your registration fee
- Woodland has undergone extensive course upgrades and renovations this season - read more here.
- We'll have our putting contest, longest drive and other contests throughout the course
- Prizes for top three teams
Space is limited, so secure your spot today. Early bird pricing for singles and foursomes expires June 30.
Health and safety guidelines are shifting, so there could be additional adjustments made based on the current recommendations. We will inform you of any changes and offer full refunds in the event the tournament is cancelled or if you are unable to attend due to any health concerns. If you have further questions about any of the tournament procedures or rules, don't hesitate to contact us directly.
Multiple sponsorship opportunities available starting at $175. Click here for details or contact Lise Elcock at 617-244-1864
The Newton-Needham Regional Chamber's 29th annual golf outing is presented by: