StretchLab Wellesley is seeking personal trainers, massage therapists, athletic trainers, physical therapist assistants and techs, and dance/yoga/pilates Instructors to join our team. This is an amazing opportunity to gain experience in a new modality that is taking the fitness industry by storm.
StretchLab is the industry leader in offering one-on-one assisted stretching. With Co-Founders coming from the Personal Training industry, StretchLab has created a variety of offerings to empower clients to ‘Live Long’. StretchLab has gathered a team of experts already certified in an array of related fields including physical therapy, chiropractic medicine, yoga, Pilates, and more. StretchLab prides itself on having the finest team of stretching professionals. StretchLab’s proprietary Flexologist™ Training Program (FTP) ensures that their client’s receive a world class stretching session.
Our Flexologists will provide one-on-one assisted stretches as well as lead guided group stretching classes for our clients.
Freedom, Energy, Growth, Community & Caring
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver 25 and 50 minute one-on-one assisted stretch sessions as well as 50 minute group stretch classes for up to 6 clients.
- Encourage and motivate clients throughout stretch sessions.
- Customize the stretch session to meet the needs of the client.
- Build and retain a clientele. Foster relationships through trust and proper care.
- Carefully detail and document each client stretch session to ensure continuity in care.
- Stay current with Flexologist education programs published in MyStretchWorks. Review and complete documents as well as the monthly Flexologist newsletter.
- Ensure safety of clients in regards to proper stretch techniques and enforce StretchLab polices and safety rules.
- Attend a monthly staff meeting and required educational presentations.
- Handle member concerns when applicable.
- Assist Sales Associates and the General Manager with onsite and offsite events, and sales as needed.
- Clean and maintain all equipment in order to ensure it is available for client use at any given time.
- Love of boutique fitness/wellness environment is a must – passion for stretching, flexibility and mobility.
- Required background:
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified Athletic Trainer, Personal Trainer or Sports Coach
- Licensed Physical Therapist (or PT aid)
- Certified Pilates, Yoga or Dance Instructor
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a fitness/health environment where you provide hands-on training with clients.
- Must be computer proficient to utilize our software program.
- Must be able to perform body work for a minimum of 4 hour shifts, including standing, kneeling and bending.
- Ability to create a positive environment that welcomes all people.
- Fantastic communication skills and exudes empathy.
- Must love connecting with people and have passion for helping them achieve goals.
- Must have a professional work ethic, be reliable and adhere to our attendance policies.
- Must be available to go through and pass our Flexologist Training Program, which includes 20 hours of online tutorials, 2 days of in-person/hands-on training and 20 hours of practice.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.50 - $26.00
- Monday to Friday, Day & Night
- Weekend Availability, Day
Currently we are mask optional for vaccinated individuals.
Required Application Question(s):
- What is your availability during the week and on the weekends? What times each day?
- High school or Equivalent (Preferred)
- Fitness/wellness: 2 years (Required)