The WSYMCA is searching for an Aquatics Coordinator to join our team at our upcoming Wells Ave location!
Great benefits included, 12% retirement contribution once vested, FREE family membership, diverse and inclusive work environment - be a changemaker working for a mission-driven organization!
Assists the Aquatics Director oversee the development and operations of aquatics, and/or other aquatics programs. Recruits, trains and supports assigned staff. Aids in the development and helps implement high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatics programs.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
MEMBER SERVICE STATEMENT:
Members are the heart of this organization. They are the reason we exist. Members are the most important visitors we have, whether they visit by mail, phone or in person. They are not statistics and always deserve our respect. No matter what we are hired to do, satisfying member’s needs and wants are everyone’s first and most important responsibility.
- Act as a leader in program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, training, developing, scheduling and directing personnel and volunteers as needed. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Active support of our DEIB statement and putting into practice our commitment to equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion. Continue to think about strategies to support diversity goals of the organization.
- Lifeguard and teach swim lessons when needed.
- Assume various administrative and coaching responsibilities relative to Blue Waves Swim Team.
- Manage rosters, mid-session reports, certificates of completions and registrations. (Including registrations for Blue Waves.)
- Manages daily emails/voicemails to the Aquatics Department.
- Assists with lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings and in-services.
- Assists in coverage and finding coverage for the pool schedules.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events, including volunteer opportunities.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Create and execute one new program idea per session/quarter.
May include a summer off-site at a WSY summer camp.
Position will include weekends and evenings.
- Six months to one-year related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics supervisor or swim instructor.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, First Aid, Emergency Oxygen, Lifeguard Training, YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent. And any related USA swimming certifications.
- Committing to support and further our anti-racist work as an organization. Learning about our initiatives and the continuous work and being able to vocalize with members if needed.
- Preferred Certifications: Lifeguard Instructor
- Completion or working toward completion of Y USA Team Leader Certification
- Reliable and enthusiastic
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke technique.
- Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
The WSYMCA rewards dedicated employees by offering a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation & holidays, group health with vision & drug prescription, dental & life insurance, paid retirement once vested, YMCA membership, access to child care services, tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities.
The West Suburban YMCA is a charitable organization that welcomes all by creating a community that hires individuals of any age, race, gender, religion, heritage, economic circumstance, or physical ability. We focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.