The West Suburban YMCA is looking for our next Development Associate to join our team! The ideal candidate would have experience working in development for a non-profit, be proactive and engaging. Apply today to further our mission of improving the lives of those in our community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
This position is a full-time non-exempt position. Starting hourly range is $17-$19 an hour, depending on experience and education. The WSYMCA rewards dedicated employees by offering a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation & holidays, group health with vision & drug prescription, dental & life insurance, paid retirement once vested, YMCA membership, access to child care services, tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities.
The Development Associate provides administrative and logistical guidance to support the growth of fundraising efforts across the organization. This position will focus on database management and donor communications and will also provide support to other development activities, such as events, grant-writing, stewardship, and the upcoming capital campaign as needed. The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and ready to learn, and enjoys working independently as well as in a group. While many of the responsibilities of this position are logistical and administrative in nature, there is room to grow in this role and a successful Development Associate will take initiative to complete projects to their fullest and will be a creative problem solver.
1. Create and distribute (via email and mail) bimonthly donor newsletter
2. Administer the acknowledgement letter process for all gifts within departmental guidelines
3. Collect and tell stories about the Y’s impact to share via print and social media
4. Assist in developing appropriate materials to execute solicitation campaigns
5. Manage banner program for donors of $1000+ including communication with new and lapsed donors and banner design
6. Execute mailings to various stakeholders, including preparing lists, contributing to letters and collateral materials, preparing pieces to mail (labels, stamps, etc.), and communicating with the mail house as needed.
1. Help build new Salesforce database and enter new prospect information and update records with contacts, information and other information as appropriate.
2. Manage the CCC donation system, including posting gifts and preparing reports
3. Develop and run reports on progress towards goals using CCC, Salesforce and Excel
1. Perform prospect research
2. Support grant writing and reporting
3. Support the planning and execution of annual events (golf tournament, banner breakfasts, Gala, social events, Board parties, donor recognition events, annual meeting, etc.)
4. Support the Y’s Togetherhood initiative and plan and execute quarterly volunteer opportunities
5. Attend and contribute to weekly departmental meetings and monthly All Staff Meetings
6. Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of related experience preferred, or equivalent life experience
2. Demonstrated success and experience in project management
3. Advanced knowledge of computers and systems, including Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), current member management system (CCC), and Salesforce, and comfort learning new technology
4. Familiarity with Creative Cloud/Adobe products preferred
5. Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers, donors and staff
6. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) are needed, including the ability to interact with and motivate donors, community leaders, and staff, and write compelling letters/proposals for support.
7. An ability to work collaboratively within a complex and fast-paced team environment is critical.
8. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people (staff and donors) from all social and economic segments of the community; track record of building authentic, constructive relationships with others
9. Demonstrated history of analyzing data to draw conclusions
10. Knowledge/clear understanding of fundraising techniques and strategies
11. Strong project management skills; ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a cross-functional, team-based environment
12. Must be available to work a varied schedule as business functions demand
13. YMCA Team Leader certification preferred
Job Type: Full Time