The WSYMCA is searching for a Director of Facilities to join our team!
Great benefits included, 12% retirement contribution once vested, FREE family membership, diverse and inclusive work environment - be a changemaker working for a mission-driven organization!
Oversees and directs the development, maintenance, repair and improvement operations of YMCA facilities and vehicles, and related budgets. Responsible for management of full-time and part-time facilities staff servicing the oversight, maintenance, and operations of three locations, WSY facilities (Newton, Church Street and Wells Ave.), Camp Chickami (Wayland) and Camp Frank A. Day (East Brookfield).
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
MEMBER SERVICE STATEMENT:
Members are the heart of this organization. They are the reason we exist. Members are the most important visitors we have, whether they visit by mail, phone or in person. They are not statistics and always deserve our respect. No matter what we are hired to do, satisfying members’ needs and wants are everyone’s first and most important responsibility.
- Provides overall coordination of facility maintenance, including planning and developing preventative maintenance plan.
- Ensures the proper operation of all mechanical systems and equipment.
- Completes repair work and projects in a timely manner. Oversees all contractors that work in the facility and grounds. Responsible for requesting, reviewing bids and recommending selection of contractors. Intentionally seeks out local and minority owned businesses in this process.
- Responsible for negotiation of contracts between the WSY and vendors. Works to seek out diverse suppliers/vendors as part of the quotes we seek.
- Works with outside agencies such as fire, health, building depts., etc. to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to facilities and grounds, including OSHA, ADA and DHHS compliance.
- Active support of our DEIB statement and putting into practice our commitment to equity, diversity, belonging and inclusion. Continue to research, create, recommend and implement strategies to support diversity goals of the organization.
- Actively works on building relationships with staff and members. Is present and consistently out and about in the facility talking to staff members about any maintenance needs.
- Develops budgets supporting the preventative and annual maintenance plans and monitors expenditures against budget.
- Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Ensure building maintenance & housekeeping is maintained at high level, leading and supporting as needed.
- Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
- Ensures that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA and all Massachusetts’ laws.
- Updates facility plans periodically. With the management team, create annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA’s strategic plan and community needs.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with all program and membership staff to ensure a high level of membership satisfaction.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe facility for members and staff( i.e., sidewalks and parking lot cleared of snow and ice, snow, floors free of debris and restrooms and locker rooms thoroughly cleaned).
- Provide cooperative scheduling of maintenance with all departments for normal requests and special events.
- Assist in Y activities and special events as directed by Supervisor.
- Learn and actively utilize all Y computer systems (HVAC, CCC, SGA, ADP, etc.) on a consistent basis.
- Compile statistical information and make recommendations for the WSYMCA buildings (Church Street and Wells Ave.), Camp Chickami and CFAD.
- Execute all necessary steps to prepare camps for opening and closing annually, including permitting.
- Daily inspection of the full facility (Newton) and the grounds to ensure; cleaning standards are met, grounds are free of debris and trash, illegal parking is not taking place, and residents are compliant with all policies and procedures.
- The assigned department operates seven-days a week and will require a flexible schedule to maintain consistency and delivery of services. Please prepare to observe your department at all hours of operation on a regular basis.
- Conducts monthly staff training for Maintenance Staff and ensures consistent safety and emergency response training is performed.
- Supervises maintenance staff, completes lists to be completed daily for staff, actively checks in and supervises them, completes payroll on a bi-weekly basis. Completes 90-day and annual reviews.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Works with Human Resources to assist volunteer opportunities with local organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in facility management or a related field preferred.
- Eight or more years’ experience in facility management or closely related field.
- Strong working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
- Skills and successful history in supervision, budget management, project management and negotiating contracts.
- Familiarity in drafting and understanding blueprints and schematics.
- Technological skills that include knowledge of the latest maintenance and repair methods, as well as the ability to identify and implement new technologies that can improve the company’s maintenance processes.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and boiler certifications required within 120 days of employment.
- Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Ease with using spreadsheets to plan budgets or organize information, ability to smoothly use videoconference tools for meetings, and comfort with problem-solving issues that arise in building maintenance software.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with all departments, staff and outside vendors.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations. Exhibits equilibrium even when confronting urgency or pressure.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with a customer service focus.
- Ability to manage labor-intensive projects, stay organized and keep accurate records.
- Ability to work independently as well as within teams.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Extremely reliable, dependable, and punctual.
- Strong understanding of best practices for cyber security when it comes to operating devices and working within digital networks.
- Excellent decision-making skills, time management skills, ability to take initiative, and be flexible.
- Committing to support and further our anti-racist work as an organization. Actively works to continue to recruit and hire diverse staff and volunteers.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out and may require travel to various locations. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
-Full-time Maintenance Staff (Asst. Dir of Maintenance, Maintenance Coordinator)
-Part-time Maintenance staff
The WSYMCA rewards dedicated employees by offering a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation & holidays, group health with vision & drug prescription, dental & life insurance, paid retirement once vested, YMCA membership, access to child care services, tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities.
The West Suburban YMCA is a charitable organization that welcomes all by creating a community that hires individuals of any age, race, gender, religion, heritage, economic circumstance, or physical ability. We focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.