The WSYMCA is searching for a Maintenance Coordinator to join our team! We are looking for an organized and enthusiastic individual to take on this role that will support both our Wells Ave and Church Street locations, as well as our three summer camps.
Great benefits included, 12% retirement contribution once vested, FREE family membership, diverse and inclusive work environment - be a changemaker working for a mission-driven organization!
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Director, the Maintenance Coordinator is an essential part of the Maintenance and Y team. The individual in this role will communicate regularly with staff at various levels to ensure that staff and members receive immediate assistance related to repairs current projects. Works along maintenance staff to provide a safe, clean and well-maintained buildings and grounds. This role will be responsible for activity at both our Wells Ave and Church Street locations, along with our three seasonal summer camps. The Maintenance Coordinator will help with the coordination of contracted projects, as well as daily maintenance and facility upkeep.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
- Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly holidays) depending on operational needs (particularly with severe weather).
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Assist with the coordination of contracted projects, as well as daily maintenance and facility upkeep.
- Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
- Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- May set up furniture for events.
- Maintenance on both Camp properties- Camp Chickami and CFAD.
- Other duties as required.
- Three years or more of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- Valid driver license.
- Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly holidays) depending on operational needs.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
The WSYMCA rewards dedicated employees by offering a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation & holidays, group health with vision & drug prescription, dental & life insurance, paid retirement once vested, YMCA membership, access to child care services, tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities.
The West Suburban YMCA is a charitable organization that welcomes all by creating a community that hires individuals of any age, race, gender, religion, heritage, economic circumstance, or physical ability. We focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.