Maintenance Professional: Part-time
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Director, the Maintenance Professional shall assist in the day-to-day maintenance and housekeeping of the West Suburban YMCA and its facilities.
20 hours a week
1. Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
2. Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly holidays) depending on operational needs.
3. Valid Driver's License.
4. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
5. Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
6. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
7. Able to work independently and organize tasks to be completed in timely and efficient matter.
8. Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
9. May set up furniture for events.
10. Maintenance on both Camp properties- Camp Chickami and CFAD.
11. Maintenance on pools.
1. Six months or more of related experience preferred.
2. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
3. Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
4. Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
5. Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
6. Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
7. Valid drivers license.
8. Must be able to work varied hours (to include days, evenings, weekends and possibly holidays) depending on operational needs.
1. Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
2. Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
3. Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
4. Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
5. Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
6. Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi - reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
Job Type: Part Time