The WSYMCA is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic child care professional to join our team as the Out of School Time Director. If you want to join an organization that makes a positive impact in the lives of children and the community on a daily basis, apply today!
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Director, the Out of School Time (OST) Director develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA after school care(K-8). This position transfers during the Summer into a leadership role in Pikati Day Camp.
1. Manages, directs and coordinates the school age/teen childcare programs. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Assures compliance with state (Early Education & Care) and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are satisfied, and safety procedures followed.
4. Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency (EEC), school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
5. Develops and implements innovative clubs and daily programming both during the school year and summer months. (Youth in Government, Debate Club, Drama Club, Science Club, Art Club, Photography Club, STEM activities, etc.)
6. Outreach to local schools in the community to build program growth. Attend community fairs to recruit potential program participants, build relationships with school counselors, teachers and other school counsel committees- PTO, etc.
7. Manage the Teen Center programming and staffing, as well as After School curriculum.
8. Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
9. Coordinates and organizes monthly “Parents Night Out” Events and activities with the Membership Department.
10. Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality.
11. Works closely with Senior Program Director on constant awareness with staff, child and parents of the importance of Child Sexual Abuse Prevention.
12. Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living.
13. Provides staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
14. Maintains proper records/department files/program binder.
15. Organizes special events for parents. Assists in YMCA fund raising activities.
16. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
17. Provides reports to committees, Board of Directors, Vice Presidents and President/CEO.
18. Coordinate and participate in special events and activities related to membership growth and/or retention to enhance the member experience and volunteer opportunities.
19. Implements and oversees a program evaluation system to guarantee faithfulness to the Y’s cause, and a high-quality commitment to YMCA standards and successful financial outcomes.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree preferred in related field or equivalent.
2. EEC Director 1 Certification preferred.
3. One to two years related experience preferred, as a coordinator or supervisor of child care programs.
4. Minimum age requirements of 21.
5. Previous project management experience.
6. Previous experience managing and supervising staff.
7. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: CPR and First Aid.
8. Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards, EEC requirements and completion of YMCA program specific certifications.
9. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
10. Obtain 7-D license within 30 days of hire. (Must have clean driving record.)
Job Type: Full Time