The West Suburban YMCA is seeking experienced Certified Personal Trainers for a very active, diverse, fitness center. Competitive pay rates depending on certification and experience. Apply today!
Trains clients and members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. This position would require at least two shifts overseeing the Wellness and Fitness area which would include conducting New Member Personal Training Sessions, being a resource for questions about exercise and maintaining the organization of the Wellness and Fitness area.
1. Safely works with clients helping them to establish their goals by following proper protocol and adhering to national guidelines and standards.
2. Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
3. Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
4. Accurately track client sessions by following YMCA protocol.
5. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
1. Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED.
2. National Personal Training Certification though any of the following groups: ACE, ACSM, NCSA, NATA, NASM).
3. Minimum of two years fitness/training experience preferred.
4. YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire preferred.
Job Type: Part Time