7D Van Driver: Part-time
The West Suburban YMCA is looking for a reliable individual with the required qualifications to provide safe transportation to and from program sites while maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere.
Monday through Friday: Hours will vary between 12:00pm-3:30pm.
10 hours a week
FREE YMCA Membership!
*Possible additional hours available in other departments.
1. Drives van safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws.
2. Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and record all information. Records gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms. Cleans out van each day.
3. Promotes safety at all times by keeping first aid supplies fully stocked.
4. Ensures that van rules are announced and followed.
5. Develops friendly and positive relationships among staff, volunteers, parents, and children.
6. Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
1. Minimum one year work experience as a van driver.
2. Possess appropriate class license (7D license).
3. Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to 7D passenger vehicles.
4. Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR and First Aid.
5. Desire and ability to work with children.
6. Track record of building relationships with staff, volunteers, and parents.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
1. Ability to safely drive a van for period of time.
2. Ability to respond to emergency situations.
3. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
related to the activity.
Job Type: Part Time